These two videos are a bit old but I decided to share them here anyway. The first one is a presentation of the most complex rig I have ever made involving many of Blender's cool features such as custom shapes for bones, Action constraints and drivers. The second video shows my solution for the lamp movement; for this simulation I used a cloth modifier attached to several empties and bones. The result is better than I expected, mostly because I menaged to avoid game engine nor setting keyframes manually.
So this is the overall look of my scene right from the viewport; I tried to make it look nice and simple with a bit of cartoonish touch.
Here's the main character of the movie. Texturing this fellow was a real torture but it's finally done. I have no idea whether it'll use SSS or not, guess I'll decide at rendering stage.
I decided to launch this blog in order to document my process of creating a short movie about little beetle and his sleeping problems. So far all the models and rigs are already made, the story is ready and it's about time to start moving things around! Everything will be done using Blender and its Internal rendering engine. Keep your fingers crossed and be sure to check my progress now and then!